LPG / Air mixture or Synthetic Natural Gas (SNG) is a blend of LPG and Air both are mixed with specific ratio to get the proper heat value and characteristics identical to Natural gas. After mixing can be used in replacement of Natural gas without any change or alteration in gas Train, Burners, Regulator, Burner Nozzles, etc...
Synthetic natural gas (SNG) systems are the backup systems to provide alive substitute of the Natural gas, unlike Diesel, propane, Furnace Oil, Synthetic Natural gas (SNG) systems does not need any addition of the piping, gas trains and regulators inside the factory building.
SNG is typically utilized in one of three ways:
- Peak Shaving System
Allows both NG local distribution companies (LDCs) and industrial gas consumer to su[[lement their NG during peak demand periods.
- Base Load Systems
Provide a "natural gas equivalent" bridge fuel in regions where NG will be implemented but is not yet available. Later the SNG system will later revert to a peak shaving function
- BackUp System
Allows industrial natural gas customers to use SNG during curtailment periods, and allows taking advantage of arbitrage opportunities.
ADVANTAGES OF SNG SYSTEM
- Low cost as compared to LPG Systems.
- Fully automatic and advances system.
- Can be used same as natural gas.
- Synthetic Natural gas (SNG) systems are ready made packages needs connection at the factory after the metering and regulation unit of the Natural gas.
- If the supply of Natural Gas is interrupted, these systems produce a mixture of LPG Vapor and Air with properties that are equivalent to those of Natural Gas. This is allows users to continue using their Natural Gas equipment without having to switch to equipment that can handle other fuel sources (like diesel, fuel oil, coal, etc…)